Wednesday, January 6, 2021

SYDNEY'S TOP TEN ALBUMS OF 2003

In 2003 I was 10 years old and blissfully unaware of how absolutely ~*punk*~ I would become just 1 year later when I discovered Taking Back Sunday. I vividly remember in 2004 thinking I was the absolute hardest girl in grade 6 walking around school in low rise flare leg jeans and DC skate shoes, listening to Cute Without the E on an iPod mini (which I still have but couldn’t revive in time for this list, also big cringe writing that memory down instead of the usual burying it in the deepest corner of my mind). 

For that reason, my top 10 aren’t necessarily albums I was listening to in 2003, but rather albums that I love from 2003 that have most shaped the person I am today. 

*Going to update this to look similar to my last post, just did not HAVE THE TIME and wanted to get it in. 

Edit: Recently found Small Brown Bike - The River Bed (2003) on reddit while searching for new music. Check them out!
  
10. Radiohead - Hail to the Thief 
9. Every Time I Die - Hot Damn!  
8. Sufjan Stevens - Michigan 
7. Moneen - Are We Really Happy With Who We Are Right Now?
6. Saves The Day - In Reverie
5. The Postal Service - Give Up 
4. Streetlight Manifesto - Everything Goes Numb 
3. The Weakerthans -  Reconstruction Site 
2. Brand New - Deja Entendu
    Fun fact: Jaws Theme Swimming was my ringtone for 3 years - it still triggers me  
1. Death Cab For Cutie - Trasatlanticism

1 comment: