Wednesday, February 10, 2021

OWEN'S 1983 OPTIONS

1. Violent Femmes - S/T

Underrated. Brought a hot girl to a Violent Femmes show once.

The Jam: Kiss Off

2. Iron Maiden - Piece Of Mind

Iron Maiden made me want to learn to play guitar. I had a giant flag of The Trooper on my ceiling and I think my mom threw it out. She's just jealous it's the Bea-stie-- wait...

The Jam: The Trooper

3. New Order - Power, Corruption And Lies

Synthy!

The Jam: Leave Me Alone, Age of Consent

4. Pink Floyd - The Final Cut

Most tracks on this album are unused songs for The Wall movie, so there are some strange trasitional songs on here, as though there's like 6 interludes. Very cool and strange experience to listen to.
The Jam: Your Possible Pasts, Not Now John

5. Dio - Holy Diver

An album t
itle you can hear if you know this one. It's also perhaps the most metal album cover of all time, featuring a demon enslaving a priest. Dio, can you hear me? I'm lost and so alone!

The Jam: Holy Diver!, Rainbow in the Dark

6. The Police - Synchronicity

This is the first vinyl I ever owned.

The Jam: Synchronicity I, Mother

7. Bad Brains - Rock For Light

Fast, fast, fast, woah that's fast. Ouch my arm!

The Jam: Don't Need It, Banned In D.C.

8. Talking Heads - Speaking In Tongues

I used to haaaaate Burning Down the House. Got into Talking Heads after seeing the music video for Once in a Lifetime. My god, what have I done...

The Jam: Making FLIPPY FLOPPY!, Girlfriend Is Better

9. Billy Joel - Innocent Man

Interesting to see on other people's lists, I was genuinely surprised, that probably hasn't happened for the longest time. Billy Joel has always been a guilty pleasure of mine.

The Jam: The Longest Time!

10. Limp Bizkit - Significant Other

The Jam: Break Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment